Bolivar Primary is located right in the middle of a residential neighborhood and our options are limited. Many individuals have studied the traffic flow including school officials, city officials, and the city police department. Please use this written guide and map to help you understand where you should be picking up your child/children after school.
- Remain in your car to pick up your child for safety and security purposes. Have your student ID paper in the dash or ID card ready to show teachers on duty. Thank you for helping us keep all students safe.
- It is not necessary to be at school right at 3:10. It would be helpful if some parents arrived between 3:15-3:20 to help with traffic congestion. The car line is much shorter and traffic begins to flow more smoothly after 3:15.
- Due to safety we will no longer use BPS as a pick-up spot for children that attend other buildings. Please pick children up at their respective building.
- Please do not park along the north side of Lindon Street to allow for traffic.
Dark Black Arrows on the MAP -KINDERGARTEN- NORTH ENTRANCE OF BUILDING (KDG ADDITION)
- Parents with only a preschooler or KG student should pick-up at this entrance.
- Enter from Hartford Street onto Lindon Street and turn left to enter north parking lot area.
- Exit- After you have picked up your children, please exit back to Lindon, then to Hartford.
If all Kindergarten parents will enter and exit following this traffic flow it will greatly help the traffic congestion at the corner of Division and Leonard Place for first and second grade parents.
Checkered Arrows on MAP- FIRST GRADE AND FAMILIES WITH MULTIPLE CHILDREN AT BPS- Front of the building
- Parents with a first grade student and/or additional children at BPS should pick up in the front.
- Enter from Division (NOT Lindon) on to Leonard Place and follow the circle drive around the front of the building.
- Exit- merge with cars on the south side and turn back on to Division.
Striped Arrows on MAP-SECOND GRADE
- For second grade students
- Enter from Division Street.
- Exit- Merge with cars from the circle drive and exit on to Division.
Notice to Bolivar Families
Due to safety concerns and supervision we do not allow students from other attendance centers to be picked up at BPS. Students will need to ride the bus to their afterschool destination (home, grandparents, friend, babysitter, etc.) or get picked up at their attendance center.
Thank you for understanding as we keep safety a priority.